There is always something happening! Visit here regularly to find out about upcoming events.
Resources to 'Love our neighbour as we love ourselves'
Here's a simple way to connect with your neighbours and community and demonstrate love. Download a PDF with 4 images per page to print at home and use. Parent/s please supervise your child(ren) at all times. Even better still, make this a whole family project.
Important Update: Church Services moved ONLINE
from March 21, 2020
Given the recent announcements from the Australian Government as well as recommendations from both the Greater Sydney Conference (GSC) and Australian Union Conference, the leaders at Mile End Community Church (MECC) have met several times [online] over the past few days to map out the best course of action moving forward over the coming weeks and months.
We would greatly appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we take these precautionary measures effective immediately:
- All Seventh-day Adventist Churches in GSC have been advised to suspend all church activities and close until the end of April pending any further announcements.
- Hence, we will be offering several online options in order to remain connected as a community during this period and meet digitally. We have committed to three Sabbath School groups to meet online using the ZOOM platform. Please see times & links below. There will be NO physical classes / groups / ministries meeting at church this weekend through until the end of April. Only those assisting with the various online ZOOM Meetings & LIVE Streaming will be required on site.
- 10:00 - 10:30am Family Sabbath School for kids & their parent(s) This is intended to assist with appropriate supervision while using technology and to limit the need for access to multiple devices. Family SS ZOOM Link 1
- 10:35 - 11:05amTeens, Young Adults & Adults(concurrently)
- 11:20 - 12:20pm Service using our existing Facebook Live Stream at:www.facebook.com/mileendcommunity
- Cell Groups may also wish to meet weekly using ZOOM.
- In line with guidelines from the Australian Department of Health, if you and/or your children have travelled anywhere overseas within the last two weeks, we kindly suggest you self isolate for the mandatory 14 days from the date of return to Australia.
- Regardless of your travel history, if you/your children should feel unwell or experience any symptoms, please be alert in taking the necessary precautions regarding your own health and seek medical attention. Take time to rest and fully recuperate at home. This will help prevent the possible spread of the virus and protect the people around you.
- Let's continue to pray for one another and use this challenging period to serve others and love our neighbours as ourselves.
- Practice physical distancing of 1.5m(which has unfortunately been referred to as social distancing), but be intentional about remaining socially connected using technology during this difficult time.
Parents, please find some links below to helpful resources.
Should your child/ren have symptoms like fever, cough or runny nose, they need to remain home and not attend school, which are to remain open at this stage.
- How to talk to kids about COVID-19 Infographic
- Stuck Inside? Click here to download a family tick list of fun activities to do together.
Ultimately, even as we pursue preventative measures and exercise wisdom in keeping ourselves, loved ones and broader community safe, our faith and security is found in Jesus Christ. We pray His promise of protection over you and your family. Let’s also pray for those affected around the world, and that the virus will be quickly contained and conquered.
The heart of Mile End is to be a Spirit-filled community of faith that supports people, builds relationships and transforms communities. Come along to our services, be inspired and challenged to grow on a deeper level with God.
Join us each Saturday from 10am at 21, Mile End Road, Rouse Hill. All welcome.
Don't forget to check out our page and like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mileendcommunity
May 02, 2020
Find Purpose. Discover Life. Come along, bring a friend. Connect Programs include morning tea and service. Find out what Christianity is all about. Our program features multimedia, drama, music and other creative ways of sharing God's love. Stay after the program and enjoy lunch with us.
Time: from 10am
When: Every first Saturday of the Month
Location: 21 Mile End Road, Rouse Hill
DUE to COVID-19, all Connect programs and associated activities, including lunches, have been temporarily suspended until further notice.
To be confirmed later in 2020
O God, You have taught me since I was young, and I am still declaring your amazing deeds.
At Mile End we believe in nurturing and inspiring our young people to grow and discover their God-given potential. We do this by investing in opportunities to teach and challenge through programs designed for youth. MECC Youth events are exciting, informative and provide a great environment for young people to feel at home. Programs start at 7:15pm and are geared for highschool (Year 7 and up) age.
Venue: 21, Mile End Rouse Hill.
To be confirmed later in 2020
Mile End Community Church is commited to providing an environment where men are encouraged to grow and develop in their role as leaders in their home and community. MECC Mates core values are mentorship, accountability, teaching, empowerment/encouragement and services. If you are a man who is passionate about maturing in your relationship with God and investing in the lives of others, don't miss the next MECC Mates event.