We seek to fulfill this mission by developing:
- Grace-oriented ministries, in which all children will experience the unconditional love of Jesus, find assurance of acceptance and forgiveness, and make a commitment to Him.
- Inclusive ministries, in which the volunteers who minister and the children to whom they minister will be valued and involved regardless of race, color, language, gender, age, abilities, or socio-economic circumstances.
- Leadership ministries, in which volunteers are empowered, trained, and equipped for effective ministry to children.
- Service-oriented ministries, in which children are given opportunity for hands- on service to people in their neighborhood or city, thus, establish a pattern of outreach to others that may well continue through life.
- Cooperative ministries, in which the department work with other ministries, such as family ministries, Sabbath School, stewardship, and others to further our shared goals.
- Safe ministries, whereby our churches: a.) choose volunteers with high spiritual and moral backgrounds; and, b.) adopt safeguards to protect children from physical, emotional, and spiritual abuse and the church from liability.
- Evangelistic ministries, in which children who are not enfolded in the church will be introduced to the love of Jesus through outreach programs such as: Kids Kingdom Workshops, Kids Church, Kids Club, Adventurers and Lifegroup Clubs, and Community Service Projects.
From 'The Children’s Ministries Coordinator by Department of Children’s Ministries General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists'.